Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Discouraging Week
I am really struggling right now with my emotions. I just feel so tired and discouraged and overwhelmed and overstressed. I'm tired of not knowing how to do my job; I'm tired of it being so difficult. I'm tired of having more to do in a day that I could possibly get done in a week. I'm tired of listening to everybody COMPLAIN about everything but yet never do anything to make anything better. I'm tired of PAPERWORK! I am so buried in paperwork! I never get to do anything that I enjoy or that I'm actually good at because I am so buried in paperwork.
ok.
I guess I've vented enough.
I just laid in bed last night and cried myself to sleep.
But what do I do with all those emotions?
"The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is the way they think." (another quote from John Maxwell)
But what to think?
Matthew 11:28 says, "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
I heard a sermon yesterday in which the pastor was contrasting pride and humility. Here are some of his points:
Self-justifying is demanding; it is pride.
Pride makes you mad about people.
Pride makes you mad about life.
When you are easily angered it is because you are trying to defend an image of yourself (pride).
contrast
A humble heart says, "I am a TOTALLY LOVED TOTAL MORAL FAILURE."
God loves me in spite of what I've done.
Surely I can love others in spite of what they've done.
Today my thinking needs to be:
"learn from me, for I am gentle and HUMBLE IN HEART, and you will find REST for your souls."
"GOD LOVES ME IN SPITE OF WHAT I'VE DONE. Surely I can love others...."
ok.
I guess I've vented enough.
I just laid in bed last night and cried myself to sleep.
But what do I do with all those emotions?
"The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is the way they think." (another quote from John Maxwell)
But what to think?
Matthew 11:28 says, "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
I heard a sermon yesterday in which the pastor was contrasting pride and humility. Here are some of his points:
Self-justifying is demanding; it is pride.
Pride makes you mad about people.
Pride makes you mad about life.
When you are easily angered it is because you are trying to defend an image of yourself (pride).
contrast
A humble heart says, "I am a TOTALLY LOVED TOTAL MORAL FAILURE."
God loves me in spite of what I've done.
Surely I can love others in spite of what they've done.
Today my thinking needs to be:
"learn from me, for I am gentle and HUMBLE IN HEART, and you will find REST for your souls."
"GOD LOVES ME IN SPITE OF WHAT I'VE DONE. Surely I can love others...."
Comments:
<< Home
I've had a similar week... just ask Dad. He has been the unwilling recipient of all my negative emotions.
I wrote this scripture for Bonnie last week. I thought of it again as I was reading your post.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on YOUR OWN understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3: 5
I wrote this scripture for Bonnie last week. I thought of it again as I was reading your post.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on YOUR OWN understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3: 5
I'm a little more awake than I was earlier when I couldn't seem to post 3 sentences without having to delete my comment and start over. I'm also desperately doing anything to keep from doing my homework. So, I thought I would log-on and post you a few more Bible verses.
"Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction."
Isaiah 48:10
"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance."
James 1:2-3
"Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial."
James 1:12
"In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trial, that the proof of you faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls."
1 Peter 1: 6-9
"We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body."
2 Corinthians 4: 8-10
"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29: 11-13
"Ah Lord God! Behold, Thou hast made the heavens and the earth by Thy great power and by Thine outstretched arm! Nothing is too difficult for Thee."
Jeremiah 32: 17
"For this very purpose I raised you up, to demonstrate My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed throughout the whole earth."
Romans 9:17
Now, last but not least, at least for the moment...
Matthew 6:34 says, "Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
"Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction."
Isaiah 48:10
"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance."
James 1:2-3
"Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial."
James 1:12
"In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trial, that the proof of you faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls."
1 Peter 1: 6-9
"We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body."
2 Corinthians 4: 8-10
"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29: 11-13
"Ah Lord God! Behold, Thou hast made the heavens and the earth by Thy great power and by Thine outstretched arm! Nothing is too difficult for Thee."
Jeremiah 32: 17
"For this very purpose I raised you up, to demonstrate My power in you, and that My name might be proclaimed throughout the whole earth."
Romans 9:17
Now, last but not least, at least for the moment...
Matthew 6:34 says, "Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Cindy,
Been there. A few verses down from the ones I entered under your last post (and one of the ones Angie entered above)...
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
(II Cor. 4:16-18)
Praying that you will feel "renewed" today, that your troubles will feel "light and momentary" rather than overwhelmingly heavy, and that your eyes will be fixed heavenward, where you will find His "eternal" peace and love.
Much love, Cris
Been there. A few verses down from the ones I entered under your last post (and one of the ones Angie entered above)...
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
(II Cor. 4:16-18)
Praying that you will feel "renewed" today, that your troubles will feel "light and momentary" rather than overwhelmingly heavy, and that your eyes will be fixed heavenward, where you will find His "eternal" peace and love.
Much love, Cris
Thanks Ang, Cris, and Susie for the encouragement! I'm feeling better than I was the other day.
love, Cindy
Post a Comment
love, Cindy
<< Home

