Sunday, January 08, 2006
Weekly Update
Check it out.... I figured out how to add COLOR!!
Haven't gotten as far as pictures yet.... will have to get Ang to walk me through it sometime soon.
Work was ok last week. The boys went with Angie and Daddy on Monday to help the Mamaws' with stuff around their houses and I went to school and spent the whole day going through things and trying to prepare. As a result, my week went really smooth with all the kids getting back and dropping and adding classes, etc. I'm teaching a new class this semester, Career Education, to a group of @ 10 seniors. We are starting with a John Maxwell series on the 17 Essential Qualities of a Team Player. Seems like really good stuff so far and the kids are eager and participating well. I'm really excited about it. As we come across quotes in the material that we like, the kids are going to make a poster to put up on the wall. My wall is going to look so great as it fills up with all these terrific quotes! Report cards go home Tuesday, so I'll be pretty busy with all that early in the week.
John went with his brother down to the coast Monday (and came back Tuesday). They delivered food and stuff to people who are still struggling down there. It really shook him up. He said it was just awful. The news doesn't show it anymore (and when they do show something, they are talking about New Orleans). But the MS gulf coast is still in really terrible shape. He's planning on going back again at the end of Jan. with a group from our church.
He and Grey left today to go on their Buckmaster's Life Hunt that they've done the past 2 years. It is for terminally ill and disabled children and adults. They get to go and be part of the "crew" to help build the blinds for the kids to sit in and stuff like that. (and Grey also gets to hunt.) It's a really awsome experience and opportunity for them! John always comes home talking about how it just refocuses him on what's really important. They won't be home until Wed.
Poor Ely was just crushed when they left and he couldn't go. But John can only take one of them... and Ely's just not old enough yet. Grey already has been told, though, that if they get to go next year -- it's Ely's turn. He and I ended up having a nice time after he calmed down. We watched a movie and took the dog for a walk and built a really nice fort out of lincoln logs. He was happy when he went to bed.
I feel pleased with my walking this week. Most days, I walked a mile around our neighborhood. At first, my legs and feet were so tired and wobbly when I finished. But by today, I was ok and actually thinking that I might be able to go a little farther if Ely weren't with me. Tomorrow I will do 2 miles and try to do that most days next week. We'll see how it goes.
I'm getting pretty sleepy. About time to go curl up in bed with Ely. :) He's a great snuggler!
love, Cindy
Haven't gotten as far as pictures yet.... will have to get Ang to walk me through it sometime soon.
Work was ok last week. The boys went with Angie and Daddy on Monday to help the Mamaws' with stuff around their houses and I went to school and spent the whole day going through things and trying to prepare. As a result, my week went really smooth with all the kids getting back and dropping and adding classes, etc. I'm teaching a new class this semester, Career Education, to a group of @ 10 seniors. We are starting with a John Maxwell series on the 17 Essential Qualities of a Team Player. Seems like really good stuff so far and the kids are eager and participating well. I'm really excited about it. As we come across quotes in the material that we like, the kids are going to make a poster to put up on the wall. My wall is going to look so great as it fills up with all these terrific quotes! Report cards go home Tuesday, so I'll be pretty busy with all that early in the week.
John went with his brother down to the coast Monday (and came back Tuesday). They delivered food and stuff to people who are still struggling down there. It really shook him up. He said it was just awful. The news doesn't show it anymore (and when they do show something, they are talking about New Orleans). But the MS gulf coast is still in really terrible shape. He's planning on going back again at the end of Jan. with a group from our church.
He and Grey left today to go on their Buckmaster's Life Hunt that they've done the past 2 years. It is for terminally ill and disabled children and adults. They get to go and be part of the "crew" to help build the blinds for the kids to sit in and stuff like that. (and Grey also gets to hunt.) It's a really awsome experience and opportunity for them! John always comes home talking about how it just refocuses him on what's really important. They won't be home until Wed.
Poor Ely was just crushed when they left and he couldn't go. But John can only take one of them... and Ely's just not old enough yet. Grey already has been told, though, that if they get to go next year -- it's Ely's turn. He and I ended up having a nice time after he calmed down. We watched a movie and took the dog for a walk and built a really nice fort out of lincoln logs. He was happy when he went to bed.
I feel pleased with my walking this week. Most days, I walked a mile around our neighborhood. At first, my legs and feet were so tired and wobbly when I finished. But by today, I was ok and actually thinking that I might be able to go a little farther if Ely weren't with me. Tomorrow I will do 2 miles and try to do that most days next week. We'll see how it goes.
I'm getting pretty sleepy. About time to go curl up in bed with Ely. :) He's a great snuggler!
love, Cindy
Comments:
<< Home
Great update. I love the color... I don't know how to do that.
I am very proud of you for walking. You are doing an excellent job!!!
Love, Ang
Post a Comment
I am very proud of you for walking. You are doing an excellent job!!!
Love, Ang
<< Home
