Sunday, January 22, 2006
Turbulance
In the material that I've been covering with my seniors, there are two quotes which I've been repeating to myself frequently this week:
"The difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of and response to failure."
"Choose leaders who can handle turbulance."
I had a slightly difficult week this week....and admittedly could have handled things a little bit better (and definitely will be wiser in the future). I just keep reminding myself that we all have moments which we wish we could redo -- and we all face some unprovoked turbulance at times -- but it's how we respond to those moments that really define who we are. It's the difficult moments of life which clearly shine a spotlight on our character.
My hope is that my character will consistently reflect my Savior who loves me in spite of my imperfection.
"The difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of and response to failure."
"Choose leaders who can handle turbulance."
I had a slightly difficult week this week....and admittedly could have handled things a little bit better (and definitely will be wiser in the future). I just keep reminding myself that we all have moments which we wish we could redo -- and we all face some unprovoked turbulance at times -- but it's how we respond to those moments that really define who we are. It's the difficult moments of life which clearly shine a spotlight on our character.
My hope is that my character will consistently reflect my Savior who loves me in spite of my imperfection.
Comments:
<< Home
Well, I knew that you had been busy this week... I didn't know that it had turbulent. (Good word. I like it.)
Just remember the words of Joyce Meyers...
Learning to go through trials is like lifting weights. Just like you lift heavier and heavier weights to build bigger and bigger muscles, you have to go through more and more trials to build spiritual muscle.
Now, I know that is not necessarily a cheery outlook for the future. However, I guess it is necessary if we are going to ever be able to say, like Paul, that in whatever our circumstance "I have learned to be content."
I hope you have a better week next week.
Love,
Ang
Just remember the words of Joyce Meyers...
Learning to go through trials is like lifting weights. Just like you lift heavier and heavier weights to build bigger and bigger muscles, you have to go through more and more trials to build spiritual muscle.
Now, I know that is not necessarily a cheery outlook for the future. However, I guess it is necessary if we are going to ever be able to say, like Paul, that in whatever our circumstance "I have learned to be content."
I hope you have a better week next week.
Love,
Ang
"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body." (II Corinthians 4:8-11)
Love,
Cristy
Post a Comment
Love,
Cristy
<< Home

