Thursday, September 13, 2007
Grey's Football Memory
Football is predominant in our thoughts these days....
even during homework time.
Grey's writing assignment for tonight was simply to write a paragraph. (The teacher wants to get an idea of how well each of them can write.) Here's what he wrote:
My First Touchdown
It was late in the 4th quarter. The score was 36-0 and we were winning. The coach let the rookies come in to play and I was one of them. "Grey, go to two back," he yelled. So I ran to my position on the right side behind the quarterback. "Ok" I told myself, "you can do this." The quarterback called a 25-dive and I got excited cause I would get to run the ball. The team left the huddle and went to the line. Down...set...hut. The quarterback handed the ball to me and I took off through the first hole I saw. I charged down the field as fast as I could and scored. I felt like I just won the Superbowl! As the referee blew the whistle, I walked off the field feeling great.
I thought it was a good paragraph and would be a nice follow-up to the football pictures that I posted last time.
even during homework time.
Grey's writing assignment for tonight was simply to write a paragraph. (The teacher wants to get an idea of how well each of them can write.) Here's what he wrote:
My First Touchdown
It was late in the 4th quarter. The score was 36-0 and we were winning. The coach let the rookies come in to play and I was one of them. "Grey, go to two back," he yelled. So I ran to my position on the right side behind the quarterback. "Ok" I told myself, "you can do this." The quarterback called a 25-dive and I got excited cause I would get to run the ball. The team left the huddle and went to the line. Down...set...hut. The quarterback handed the ball to me and I took off through the first hole I saw. I charged down the field as fast as I could and scored. I felt like I just won the Superbowl! As the referee blew the whistle, I walked off the field feeling great.
I thought it was a good paragraph and would be a nice follow-up to the football pictures that I posted last time.
Comments:
<< Home
Action, excitement, touchdown... Yea, Grey... you just scored an "A"!!!
Plus, I always wondered what happened in those huddles! :)
Now I know, thanks to you.
Keep up the great writing and take us along.
Love you,
Aunt Jo
Plus, I always wondered what happened in those huddles! :)
Now I know, thanks to you.
Keep up the great writing and take us along.
Love you,
Aunt Jo
Wow, Grey! All that reading you do sure does show in how good of a writer you are! Keep it up - there's no limit to where you can go with your writing...
love,
bon
Post a Comment
love,
bon
<< Home

