Friday, July 27, 2007

update from camp...


Thought I'd share a few updated pictures from Alpine...

Don't know who these boys are... new friends!


This picture is from Mountain Day yesterday. Haven't read the newsletter yet, but from the pictures it was the day of the big battle between the blue Mohawks and the red Cherokees. Grey is in the center of the front row (looking backward). Grey was only in this one picture, but I wish that I could share all the pictures with you... OH MY GOODNESS... it looked like such a fun day!!! I wrote him a letter and I told him that it seemed like every day at Alpine was better than the day before.

I have to share things from the newsletter because (since my child is having too much fun to write me) it is the only way that I have of knowing what is going on. (smile)
Here is a paragraph from the newsletter 2 days ago (the day before Mountain Day). I thought it sounded really fun too.

"After Morning Watch on Wednesday, breakfast was oatmeal and brown sugar, bananas, and cinnamon-sugar toast. After cabin clean-up, the campers ran off to their morning activities. At Waterfront, a flotilla of canoes circled about while campers dodged and tossed water balloons -- an epic naval conflict. Water bombs were flying also at the sand volleyball courts, where Minor Sports was playing Bombs Away, a real-life version of Battleship. The gym echoed with the sound of basketballs, and the Bouldering Barn was full of climbers."


Here's one last picture... made at Morning Watch.

WHAT A FUN PLACE!!!



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones