Thursday, December 29, 2005

Grey's Deer Hunt

It looked like a good day to see deer. The wind was blowing in the right direction as I walked down the dirt road. Tall skinny pine trees, fallen logs, dead grass, and weeds were on either side of the road. I saw lots of deer tracks in the road. I could tell whether the tracks were old or new. If pine needles were smushed in the deer track, then the track was pretty fresh. If pine needles were sticking up out of the track, then the track was old. I also passed deer poop lying in the road as I walked to the stand. After I climbed up in the stand, I looked around and saw a big pond with cat-tails around it and a food plot right beside it. I thought this would be a good spot to hunt. After sitting in the stand for about two hours without hearing, smelling, or seeing any deer, the sun went down and I had to leave. It was not a good hunting day after all.

The End.
by Grey Clark
December 29, 2005

Comments:
What a good story! I love it.

Now I know how to tell the difference between old deer tracks and new deer tracks. I never knew that before.

I could also imagine walking down the road with you because you gave really good details about what you saw.

You did a great job writing this!

Love,
Angie
 
Hi Grey,
Sorry you didn't get a shot at a deer. Sometimes what seems to be a good day for deer hunting turns out to be a good day for being out in the woods enjoying all the things outdoors.

Your story was real good and i enjoyed reading it.

love lots,

Papaw
 
Grey,

Well, I've never wanted to go deer hunting until I read your story. If I could just go for a walk with you and look for deer, that would be better since I can't shoot really well. You can ask your Papaw about how well I shoot - he saw me shoot at Thanksgiving. :-)

Keep those stories coming - I love them!!

Love,

Susie, Fred, Bandit & Toby
 
dear gray and ely

i love your storys and i think you did a great job.

love sierra
 
A Funny Story by Daniel

Today I was riding my bike and I accidentally fell down on the ground and then I got back up on my bike and I saw a squirrel on the tree. And then I was going back home and I saw a lizard and I fell again and scrapped my leg and then I had to run back home.

The end.

By: Daniel Lee
 
I'm ready to read another story!
 
What a great, well-written story! And, in all my years of hunting, I never knew that about the deer tracks. Your story was very interesting.

Be careful and have lots of fun as you continue to hunt with Dad.

Love,
Aunt Marty
P.S. I love your Christmas story also.
 
What a great story!!! Can't wait to read another one. Cliff said he would love to go deer hunting he has been a couple of times a long time ago.

Have fun!!!!

Jay, Amy & Cliff
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones