Monday, October 20, 2008
the chickens are here!
Our baby chickens arrived this past Saturday. Of the 100 that we ordered, only about 30 were alive on arrival -- and as of this morning, John said that we were down to about 19. He talked to the hatchery where we ordered them and they are going to send us a whole new batch of 100 which we should have before this weekend. Hopefully, they will have a higher survival rate!
They are really cute!
We bought a mixed bag, so we have all different kinds. See the little turkey-neck one at the top of the picture... I think he is soooo ugly, but John and the boys like him (I guess because he's easy to identify). They grow every day and have feathers coming in and one has a crown showing already. Two of them have feathers on their feet.
Looking forward to watching them grow and see what they end up looking like...
and speaking of growing...
here are my growing piggies!
I had to include this because I was so impressed with myself for getting all 7 of them in the same picture... that may never happen again!
Comments:
<< Home
Hey Cindy, Didn't know you had pictures of all the birds and animals. They look really good....sorry about the chicks..maybe y'all will have better success on the second batch. They are pretty hard to keep alive when they are that small. Have a great day,
dad
dad
Well, Cindy - ya'll sure won't go hungry, if times ever get really bad (as if, they aren't about there, already?).
Anyway, I'm sure that John is getting ready for Deer Season!
- as I am, 'modern gun' opens this Saturday in TN - I'll be there (of course), but it's gonna be COLD!!!
Steve G.
Post a Comment
Anyway, I'm sure that John is getting ready for Deer Season!
- as I am, 'modern gun' opens this Saturday in TN - I'll be there (of course), but it's gonna be COLD!!!
Steve G.
<< Home
