Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Around My Yard

Have you ever seen anything as beautiful as this? Other than the sweet faces of my two precious boys, I don't think that I have. I have been working in my yard this spring trying to get some things blooming around my house. I planted two of these rose bushes. They are called "garden lights" and are absolutely stunning. The flowers open in this deep yellow color. Daily, the color will fade until they are the palest yellow (almost white), then this rosy pink color makes an appearance and gets darker every day. They really put on quite a show. I look at them every day to see what color they are.

Would you ever think that both of these flowers came from the same bush? I really hope that I can keep them alive... I don't know... I didn't inherit Mamaw's "green thumb"... but I'm certainly going to give it a try.


Some other things blooming around my house include four cheery bright pink geraniums and gorgeous purple salvia that make their home in the same bed as my yellow roses. This lilac-colored iris that I transplanted last month from Grandma Clark's old house in the country just opened this morning. My clematis vine (which I find a way to put on my blog every spring) is really the most glorious sight in the yard right now.

Comments:
Beautiful flowers, Cindy! Thanks for sharing.

Mamaw said, "We have get down there before they die!" ha, ha, ha...

I think you have a very green thumb and you're gonna have lots of pretty blooms for years to come.

Love, Marty
 
I think your flowers are very pretty! I am very impressed!

Love,

Ang
 
hey, Ms Cindy

Those are really beautiful!

We have (too many to count) deep-purple iris at our house - most already bloomed out and gone now.

I moved them all, 5 years ago, from my old house in Memphis.

I believe you DO have Mamaw G's Green Thumb!
('Granny G' does, too)

Steve G & Family
Arlington, TN
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones